Posted by Mademoiselle Sophie , Monday, February 1, 2016 9:25 AM
1. Be soft like water.
"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind".
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
2. If you truly love life, don't waste time because time is what life is made of.
"To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to either spend or waste and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever."
3. Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.
4. Life's battles don't always go to the strongest or fastest people, but to the ones who thinks they can.
"The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus"
5. To specialize in one thing is more powerful than to try 10,000 other things.
6. There are no limits to what you can achieve. There are only plateaus, and you must go beyond them.
"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."
7. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
8. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
9. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
10. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.